Cookies used by our Services
Our website only uses session cookies to support the user experience and the performance of our services. We do not deploy individual profiling cookies in the users’ devices and avoid the use of third party cookies.
General Information About Cookies
Cookies were initially developed to improve user experience when visiting a website. Different types of cookies exist, depending on their features and functions, including:
- Session cookies that are necessary for the functioning of the Service and to provide the users with the requested Service.
- Technical analytics cookies, used by the Services’ manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the Services. Information is processed in an aggregated and anonymous fashion. The data controller may use such aggregate information to identify security threats, analyze trends and information on visitors, and administer the Services.
- Technical functional cookies, which allow users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria such as language.
- Third Party Cookies, which are owned by sites and web servers different from the websites that you are actually visiting.
Cookies may be stored on the user device for different timeframes:
- Session cookies are cancelled at the end of each visit.
- Persistent cookies remain on the user device for a longer period of time, but can be easily deleted by the user.
- Everlasting cookies are unfriendly cookies that attempt to stay on the user device even if the user tries to delete or get rid of them.
According to the European General Data Protection Regulation, users must be informed about the cookies used by websites. Users must provide their prior informed consent, except for some technical cookies, such as:
- "cookie analytics" insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website.
- "browsing" or "session cookies" (to log-in to the website)
- "functional cookies", which allow users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria such as language.
For Profiling cookies, namely those aimed at creating user profiles and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation, the user’s prior consent is necessary.